Saturday, March 16, 2013

Aztec Invitational 2013 - March 15 & 16







Athletes from BYU, UVU, SUU, and U of U were here, along with some from Clemson, Texas Tech, UCLA, North Dakota, local community colleges, etc. It was wonderful to have most of Utah right here for a free meet. A Ute coach commented to me: "We're just following the good weather." 

You see here some BYU hurdlers & sprinters. The first photo is of "Beano", a freshman 110 hurdler from LA. The man to my left in the photo is his family's friend, who hurdled and played football for the Y in the early 90s, and whose daughter currently hurdles for them as well. Finally, there are some sequences from the Lady Cougar 4x400 heat victory. Oh, and the Aztecs were there, too, in all-black uniforms. They did not win their heat, despite this early lead.

Below you see me in the 1968-69 Banyan photo of the Cross Country Team. Below that is a news clipping covering a U of U "Beehive Invitational" circa 1972. I'm the runner with one foot still on the hurdle. I took fourth place that day, which was probably my best showing during my college career. It was a pleasure today and yesterday to rekindle my kinship with my school and my sport!



No comments:

Post a Comment